— Rice continues its road trip this Saturday, Jan. 12, when it travels to El Paso to face UTEP. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. CT and the game will be livestreamed by CUSAtv.
• Rice is 7-10 overall and 2-2 in Conference USA. The Owls had their two-game winning streak snapped on Thursday, falling to UTSA, 95-79, in their first conference road game of the year.
• Rice has four players scoring at least 9.8 points, led by freshman guard Chris Mullins
with 13.0 points. He also leads the team in steals with 1.4 per game.
• Junior guard Ako Adams
is second on the team with 12.5 points per game. He is connecting on 39.6% from three while leading the team with 3.0 assists per game. He also leads Conference USA and is sixth in the nation (as of Jan. 10) in free throw percentage, connecting on 93.8% from the line.
• Junior forward Robert Martin
is third on the team with 12.5 points. He is connecting on 49.6% from the field and a team-high 43.3% from three, which is fifth in Conference USA. He's also second on the team with 5.6 rebounds per game.
• Graduate student Jack Williams
is scoring 9.8 points while leading the squad with 7.8 rebounds, which is fourth in the league.
• Freshman forward Quentin Millora-Brown
leads the league in field goal percentage, connecting on 68.4% from the field.
• The Owls are scoring 75.9 points but are allowing 80.2.
• Rice is connecting on 43.8% from the field and 33.5% from three while allowing 46.4% from the floor and 34.9% from three.
• The Owls are outrebounding their opponents, 36.7-to-36.4.
• Head coach Scott Pera
is in his second season leading the Rice men's basketball program.
• UTEP enters tonight's game with a 5-9 record overall and 0-3 in Conference USA. The Miners are looking to snap a three-game losing streak after falling to North Texas on Thursday, 58-51.
• Sophomore guard Evan Gilyard leads UTEP with 17.2 points, which is ninth in C-USA. He is also fifth in the league in three-pointers made per game (2.7) and minutes played (35.5) and seventh in three-point field goal percentage (.432).
• Freshman forward Efe Odigie is the only player in Conference USA averaging a double-double. He is scoring 15.1 points per game while leading the league with 10.1 rebounds.
• Freshman guard Nigel Hawkins is third on the team with 10.9 points per game.
• Freshman guard Jordan Lathon is scoring 9.3 points while placing 10th in the league in assists (3.1) and assist-to-turnover ratio (1.2).
• UTEP is scoring just 66.6 points per game while allowing 68.7.
• The Miners are connecting on just 42.9% from the field and 34.1% from three while allowing 41.9% from the floor and 33.7% from three.
• UTEP is outrebounding its opponents, 36.1-to-35.4.
• Head coach Rodney Terry is in his first season at the helm of the UTEP men's basketball program where he owns a 5-9 (.357) record. In eight seasons as a head coach, Terry is 131-117 (.528).
• Rice and UTEP will meet for the 36th time overall.
• UTEP holds a 23-12 lead in the series and has won 19 of the last 24 meetings.
• When played in El Paso, the Miners lead 14-3, including the last five and 10 of the last 11.
• Rice is looking for its first victory in El Paso since a 68-61 win on Feb. 29, 2012.
• Rice closes its road trip next Saturday, Jan. 19, when it travels to Denton to face North Texas. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. CT and the game will be livestreamed by ESPN+.