Feb. 9, 2018
By: Tim Andrzejewski (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Game Notes | CUSA.tv | Listen | Live Stats
HOUSTON — Rice closes its three-game road trip this Saturday, Feb. 10, when it travels to Birmingham, Ala., to face UAB. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT. The game will be livestreamed by CUSA.tv.
• Rice is 5-19 on the year and 2-9 in Conference USA. The Owls have dropped three straight games after falling at Middle Tennessee on Thursday, 94-75.
• Junior guard Connor Cashaw is 10th in Conference USA in scoring (16.0) and ninth in rebounding (6.8). He is also averaging 3.0 assists.
• Sophomore guard Ako Adams is second on the team with 10.1 points and 2.5 boards. He also leads the team with 3.3 assists while tying for 10th in the league in free throw percentage (.818).
• Freshman Malik Osborne is second on the team in rebounding with 6.1 boards while adding 7.9 points. • The Owls are averaging 68.0 points per game while allowing 75.7.
• Rice is connecting on just 41.3% from the floor and 32.3% from three. Its opponents are shooting 44.0% from the field and are being held to just 34.6% from beyond the arc.
• The Owls are being outrebounded, 36.9-to-36.8.
• Head coach Scott Pera is in his first season leading the Rice men's basketball program after serving its last three years as its Associate Head Coach.
• UAB enters tonight's game with a 15-10 record and is 6-6 in Conference USA. The Blazers have lost two straight games and three of its last four after falling to North Texas on Thursday, 67-60.
• Senior forward Chris Cokley is sixth in the league in scoring with 18.2 points and second in rebounding (9.3). He is also second on the team in assists (2.1). He is also third in field goal percentage (.597) and ninth in free throw percentage (.829).
• Freshman guard Zach Bryant is second on the team with 13.0 points and sophomore guard Nate Darling is scoring 9.8 points per game.
• Senior forward William Lee is averaging 9.6 points while placing second in C-USA in blocks (2.1) and 10th in rebounding (6.3).
• Junior guard Nick Norton is second in the conference in assist-to-turnover ratio (2.7) and eighth in assists (4.6).
• UAB is scoring 77.2 points per game while allowing just 68.2.
• The Blazers lead the league in field goal percentage, connecting on 48.9% from the field while hitting 33.8% from three. Its opponents are connecting on just 41.6% from the floor, which is second in Conference USA and 34.0% from beyond the arc.
• UAB is outrebounding its opponents, 38.2-to-31.2. Its rebounding margin of +7.0 is tops in the league. • The Blazers are also second in C-USA in free throw percentage (.747) and assists (17.0).
• Head coach Robert Ehsan is in his second season at the helm of the UAB men's basketball program where he owns a 32-26 (.552) record.
• Rice and UAB will meet for the 14th time.
• UAB holds a 12-1 record in the series. Rice is looking for its first win in Birmingham, as the Owls have dropped the first six meetings.
• Rice's only win came in 2015, an 82-73 double-overtime victory.
• Last year, the Owls fell 88-81 in Houston.
• Rice returns home next Thursday, Feb. 15, when it hosts Marshall. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT and the game will be livestreamed at CUSA.tv.