— Rice begins its Conference USA schedule this Saturday, Dec. 29, when it hosts North Texas in the first of three home games. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. CT and the game will be livestreamed by ESPN+.
• Rice is 5-8 after dropping its non-conference finale to Omaha, 83-66, last Friday.
• Rice has four players averaging at least 9.8 points led by freshman guard Chris Mullins
with 13.1 points. He also leads the team in steals (1.4).
• Junior Guard Ako Adams
is second on the team with 11.8 points per game. The junior is connecting on 38.4% from three while leading the team with 3.3 assists per game. He also leads Conference USA in free throw percentage, connecting on 91.9% from the line.
• Junior guard Robert Martin
is scoring 11.5 points. He is connecting on 49.5% from the field and a team-high 42.2% from three. He's also second on the team with 5.8 rebounds per game.
• Graduate transfer Jack Williams
is scoring 9.8 points while leading the squad with 7.3 rebounds.
• Freshman Quentin Millora-Brown
leads Conference USA in field goal percentage, connecting on 69.0% from the floor.
• The Owls are scoring 74.9 points but allowing 79.5.
• Rice is connecting on 44.0% from the field and 32.4% from three while allowing 46.0% from the floor and 34.1% from three.
• The Owls are pulling down 36.2 rebounds per game while allowing 37.0.
• Head coach Scott Pera
is in his second season leading the Rice men's basketball program.
Scouting North Texas
• North Texas enters today's game with a 12-1 record on the season. The Mean Green are on a four-game winning streak after defeating Arkansas-Pine Bluff last Thursday, 77-66.
• UNT is led by redshirt freshman guard Umoja Gibson with 13.0 points. He is sixth in Conference USA in three-point field goal percentage (.440) and seventh in three-pointers made per game (2.8).
• Junior guard Ryan Woolridge is second on the team in scoring with 12.4 points while placing third in the league in assists (5.5) and steals (2.2).
• Senior guard Michael Miller is scoring 11.5 points. He leads the team in rebounding (6.9) while placing sixth in C-USA in field goal percentage (.609).
• Sophomore forward Zachary Simmons is averaging 11.3 points while leading the team in rebounds (6.9). He is also fourth in the league in field goal percentage (.641).
• Senior guard Jorden Duffy is averaging 10.2 points.
• The Mean Green is scoring 76.8 points per game while allowing just 59.8, second in Conference USA.
• North Texas leads C-USA in both field goal percentage (48.0%) and three-point field goal percentage (38.8%) while allowing just 39.2% from the floor and 29.6% from three.
• UNT is outrebounding its opponents, 36.9-to-31.2.
• Head coach Grant McCasland is in his second season at the helm of the North Texas men's basketball program where he owns a 32-19 (.627) record. In three seasons as a head coach, McCasland is 52-31 (.627).
• Rice and North Texas will meet for the first time this season and the 22nd time overall.
• Rice trails 14-7 in the series but the series is tied at five in games in Houston.
• The teams will also meet on January 19 in Denton.
• Last year, Rice dropped both meetings to the Mean Green.
• Rice begins the new year next Thursday, Jan. 3, when it hosts Southern Miss. Tip-off is scheduled for 3 p.m. CT and the game will be livestreamed by CUSAtv.