— Rice begins the 2018-19 regular season this Tuesday, Nov. 6 when it welcomes Saint Leo to Tudor Fieldhouse at 7 p.m. CT. The game will be livestreamed by CUSAtv.
• Rice returns five letterwinners and two starters from last year's squad.
• Guard Ako Adams
is the team's leading returning scorer, averaging 10.5 points last year, which was second on the squad. He also led the team in assists with 3.2 while pulling down 2.6 rebounds.
• Forward Robert Martin
is the team's returning rebounder, grabbing 3.0 boards per game last year.
• The Owls have a mix of upper and underclassmen on the roster. Of the 13 Owls, seven are either graduates, seniors or juniors. The underclassmen all will be suiting up for Rice for the first time, including five freshmen and redshirt sophomore Josh Parrish
, who sat out last year after transferring from TCU.
• Head coach Scott Pera
is in his second season leading the Rice men's basketball program.
Scouting Saint Leo
• Saint Leo returns nine letterwinners and three starters from last year's squad that finished the season 12-19.
• The Lions were picked to tie for eighth-place in the Sunshine State Conference.
• Junior guard Isaiah Hill is Saint Leo's leading returning scorer and rebounder, averaging 12.2 points and 5.0 rebounds last year. He's also the leading returner in assists (3.4) and steals (2.0).
• Senior forward Junior Searcy also averaged 12.2 points last year while connecting on 47.6% from the field.
• Head coach Vince Alexander begins his fourth season at the helm of the Saint Leo men's basketball program where he owns a 43-47 (.478) record. In 19 years as a head coach, Alexander is 328-234 (.584).
• This will be the first meeting between Rice and Saint Leo.
• It will also be the first meeting against the Sunshine State Conference.
• Rice takes to the road for the first time this Friday, Nov. 9, when it travels to Philadelphia, Pa., to face Penn. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and the game will be livestreamed by ESPN+.