Nov. 16, 2017
By: Tim Andrzejewski (email@example.com)
Game Notes | DemonTV | Listen | Live Stats
HOUSTON — Rice goes on the road for the first time this season when it travels to Natchitoches, La., this Friday, Nov. 17, to face Northwestern State. Tip-off is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. CT.
• Rice is 0-2 after falling to Georgia State on Tuesday night, 75-54.
• Junior guard Connor Cashaw leads the team with 12.5 points and is tied for ninth in Conference USA with 8.0 rebounds.
• Sophomore guard Ako Adams is second on the team with 11.5 points. He also is pulling down 5.0 boards and is tied for eighth in the league with 4.5 assists.
• Senior guard Bishop Mency is averaging 10.0 points and is second on the team with 5.5 rebounds. He is also seventh in C-USA in three-pointer field goal percentage (.417) and tied for eighth in three-pointers made per game (2.5).
• The Owls are averaging 63.0 points per game while allowing 74.0.
• Rice is connecting on just 36.0% from the floor and 31.4% from three. It's opponents are shooting 42.2% from the field but are being held to just 27.9% from beyond the arc.
• The Owls are grabbing 37.5 rebounds per game, but are also allowing the same amount.
• Head coach Scott Pera is in his first season leading the Rice men's basketball program after serving its last three years as its Associate Head Coach.
Scouting Northwestern State
• Northwestern State is 0-3 after falling at SMU, 81-35, Wednesday night.
• Freshman guard Czar Perry and senior guard Iziahiah Sweeney lead the team with 10.3 points per game. Sweeney is also second on the squad with 5.7 rebounds.
• Junior forward Ishmael Lane leads the team in rebounding, grabbing 7.0 boards per game and is ninth in the Southland Conference in blocks (1.3).
• The Demons are averaging just 59.3 points while allowing 95.0.
• NSU is connecting on just 36.5% from the field and 25.0% from three. Its opponents are hitting 45.4% from the floor and 35.6% from beyond the arc.
• Northwestern State is also being outrebounded, 44.0-to-40.0.
• Head coach Mike McConathy is in his 19th season at the helm of the Northwestern State men's basketball program where he owns a 280-279 (.501) record. In 35 years as a head coach, McConathy is 632-438 (.591).
• Rice and Northwestern State will meet for the second straight year and just the seventh time overall.
• Rice has won the previous six meetings.
• Last year, Rice defeated the Demons, 100-93.
• This is the first-ever meeting in Natchitoches, as the previous six meetings were played at Tudor Fieldhouse.
• The previous six meetings were decided by a total of 28 points, an average winning margin of just 4.7 points.
• Rice heads to Las Vegas, Nev., for the MGM Grand Main Event. The Owls begin play in the Heavyweight Division against former Western Athletic Conference foe UNLV. Tip-off is scheduled for 5 p.m. and the game will be broadcast by AT&T Sportsnet.