Feb. 15, 2015
Max Andrews rebounded from a second set loss to pick up his sixth win of the year to provide the Owls only point in a 6-1 loss to LSU at Dub Robinson Stadium in Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Sunday.
The Tigers opened the scoring by taking the doubles point with wins on courts one and three and then took the opening singles sets on all courts but four, where Andrews raced to a 6-0 opening set win over Andrew Korinek. However Korinek bounced back to take the second set, 6-2 to force a third set. Andrews responded to take the final set, 6-4 and pick up his third win in his last four matches.
Sophomore David Warren also forced a third set in his match on court five, but fell in a tiebreak to the Tigers Boris Arias.
The Owls (5-6) return to the George R. Brown Tennis Center next weekend for three matches. They host Abilene Christian and Prairie View A&M in a Friday doubleheader and then TCU on Sunday.
Tennis Match Results
Rice vs LSU
2/15/2015 at Baton Rouge, La.
(Dub Robinson Stadium)
#42 LSU 6, Rice 1
1. #118 Jordan Daigle (LSU) def. Srikar Alla (RICE) 6-3, 6-4
2. #101 Chris Simpson (LSU) def. Jamie Malik (RICE) 6-3, 7-6 (8-6)
3. #115 Tam Trinh (LSU) def. Adam Gustafsson (RICE) 6-3, 6-2
4. Max Andrews (RICE) def. Andrew Korinek (LSU) 6-0, 2-6, 6-4
5. Boris Arias (LSU) def. David Warren (RICE) 6-2, 5-7, 1-0 (10-5)
6. Justin Butsch (LSU) def. Gustavo Gonzalez (RICE) 6-2, 6-1
1. Tam Trinh/Eric Perez (LSU) def. Max Andrews/David Warren (RICE) 6-3
2. Srikar Alla/Jamie Malik (RICE) vs. #45 Jordan Daigle/Boris Arias (LSU) no result
3. Chris Simpson/Justin Butsch (LSU) def. Adam Gustafsson/Gustavo Gonzalez (RICE) 6-4
LSU 8-1; National ranking #42
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1); Singles (6,1,3,5,4,2)
Court 2 doubles match stopped after point was clinched